10 Random Acts Of Kindness
10 Random Acts Of KindnessIt’s time you go out of your way and do something good for the world. We live in chaotic times so keep this list close by as the times get more interesting..
1) Go out of your way to teach a family member something new. Have a grandmother who has no idea how to work a computer? Go out of your way to teach her. Spread your knowledge. In doing so, you will learn something yourself.
2) Tell your best friends how much you appreciate them. Our lives are so fragile and something can happen to us at any minute. Make sure the ones you cherish know just how much you appreciate them.
3) Donate things you don’t use. There is a 100% chance that there are a few items in your closet that won’t be missed. Give them away to someone who could really use them. What may be trash to you, could mean the world to someone in need.
4) Cook something for your neighbor. I’m not sure when society stopped doing this, but it’s important that we revisit this tradition. Your neighbor probably works long and hard during the week. Surprising them with a nice freshly baked cake could mean the world to them.
5) Volunteer. I know this sounds cliche, but actually make it happen. Start a Facebook group to include your friends. Get involved in your community. Not only is this a great way to make reliable friends, but it’s great for the community. There are hundreds of nonprofits out there that shut down because they don’t have the proper help. Go out there and work your magic.
6) Don’t like volunteering with official organizations? No problem. You can also just walk to a park or beach and clean trash with friends. Simple actions like this build a community and inspire others. Try documenting your experience to start a movement.
7) “Want me to pick something up for you?” If you know someone is overwhelmed – perhaps by a new baby, family health issues, or something else – give them a call when you’re going out to the store. Ask if they’d like you to pick something up. We’ve been the beneficiaries of this random act of kindness, and it’s great.
8) If you’re an Amazon.com customer you can donate Amazon.com’s money to your favorite U.S. nonprofit through Amazon Smile. It takes a total of 20 seconds to read how to do this and set it up. Then Amazon will donate to your favorite nonprofit each time you make a purchase.
9) Collect soda can tabs to donate to Ronald McDonald House for sick children and their families. The charity gets paid for these.
10) Download the GoodKarms app. GoodKarms is a network of positive, generous users who want to help each other selflessly. Rather than completing tasks for money, users complete tasks for GoodKarms and a more enriching lifestyle.